Sunday, August 29, 2010

make me a sandwich, woman!

Let me just start off by saying thank you. Thank you to Liz and Amelia and Annabel, thank you guys for commenting, and anyone else who has in the past, and Ashley for texting me and seeing what was wrong, because seriously, reading those comments completely makes my day. Every day. And it makes me like, regrow those silly seeds of happiness and all that.

Also: Annabel, I am so glad you commented and I promise, it was absolutely not creepy at all. I wish you would've introduced yourself sooner! I hope I don't come across as someone who seems cliquey or unfriendly or something, I love meeting new online friends and talking to new people and something I hate about blogger is how it doesn't give you an email address so you can send them an creepy email back or something. But seriously, yeah, I'm so touched that you like my writing and we should become friends. Not like creepy friends. But friends.

Okay, so, redeeming factor to starting school: I can start putting things into an "11th grade" folder. For example, I don't organize things by year, I organize them by grade, and the summer after them is considered that grade as well. So starting Wednesday, I can start putting screenshots into an 11th grade folder. Or anything in the photography folder. (Not good or professional photography or anything, just folders called myself, objects, people.) And, of course, a whole new school folder. Oh man, how I love file organization. /nerd

Funny phone conversation of the day: My dad called me from the kitchen, which shares a wall with my bedroom, and asked, "are you shuffling in there?" I just started to laugh, because yes, I have a deck of cards on my desk at all times and in between writing and skyping and tumbling, my card-game loving self just shuffles. And the fact that he called me to ask me that is further proof of two nerds living under one roof. Oh! And he also told me that tomorrow when we go to Goodwill, we can get some poker chips and play with my aunt and uncle sometime. Which my toes just tingle at the thought of.

Speaking of blogger being difficult and not really allowing for private contact or anything like that, I made a page for links and stuff, so anyone who wants to can 1) stalk me or 2) talk to me, cuz really, people to talk to are like my crack. So that’s in the sidebar thingy? It was fun to make. :)

I've gotten into the very strange habit of calling girls or women "woman!" when they're frustrating me or I'm just being silly. Like, "woman, you crazy" or "woman, get out of my face" or "woman, gimme some of your cheesecake!" Tonight, my dad and I went out to dinner (mexican, enchiladas, they can have my babies) with my Nana and she was talking about this loud train or something and I almost said, "woman, it's a train!" because she was complaining about it being loud but I caught myself. Because that would be bad. You don't call your Nana woman, even if she is one. Plus I say in in the same tone as someone would say, "woman, make me a sandwich!" so it's disrespectful on so many levels. But that's me, ya know, awkward and inappropriate and unintentionally hilarious at all the wrong moments.

4 comments:

  1. Ha, speaking of cards and poker chips reminds me of when my cousins and I would use chips ahoy cookies as poker chips and play poker until someone won them all or they were all ate. And it never crossed my mind how unsanitary that was, haha. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome. i love you and you know i'm always here for you. (i was about to say "i'm always here for you babe" but you don't like being called hun or babe or anything weird like that so i deleted it)

    i completely love file organization too. it makes the world a helluva lot easier when i wanna go in and find funny pictures of you-er, myself, i meant myself. :)

    i think it'd be fun if you taught me how to play poker :) but only if you want to of course.

    i LOL'dreally hard at "You don't call your Nana woman, even if she is one." soooo true. hahahaha.

    love you dude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I have changed the picture from my blog that looked less like me to a more recent one thanks to your observation. (I haven't had a fringe like that in over 2 years). I adored the bit in this blog about calling people "woman", I've never felt the need to use it myself in anger but I totally recognise the thought process. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOMAN, I LOVE IT WHEN YOU WRITE BLOGS.
    WRITE MORE. YEAH, I'M ASSERTING MYSELF, IN CAPS.

    Man, I organised everything into new folders in my computer just the other day, it's so pretty now.
    I really fancy eating an enchilada now...dang it.

    ReplyDelete